1. Will I automatically get 7.1 surround sound through my TV when I play a Blu-ray disc?
No, you will need to have the correct speaker system to make the most of this feature.
2. What do I need to get 7.1 surround sound?
To get the most out of 7.1 surround sound you should have 2x front speakers, a 2x surround speaker system, 2x rear speakers, 1x centre speaker and 1x subwoofer.
3. What does 7.1 surround sound actually mean?
7.1 surround sound means that there are enough channels to plug in 7 speakers and 1 subwoofer.
4. What is uncompressed sound?
The audio on your standard DVD movie is compressed to fit as much content as possible on the disc. As there is more storage capacity on Blu-ray, movies now feature uncompressed sound to allow you to experience what the director originally intended.
5. Will my Blu-ray Discs work properly if I don't have all 7 speakers?
Yes, you can still view your Blu-ray Discs in high definition, although you won't get the benefit of 7.1 surround sound without the correct speakers.
Like Film@Home on Facebook for all the latest home cinema and Blu-ray news